Join us for the Pyrtle Panther Open House!
Teachers will be in their classrooms to greet students and their families between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m. You have received your child’s classroom teacher assignment. This is a great opportunity for students to practice coming to school and to prevent some of those first day jitters.
Do you know where these places are?
Go to your new classroom
- Say hello to your teacher
- Find your desk
- Find your coat locker
Find your arrival and dismissal door (see page 3 of the Student & Parent Handbook/Calendar)
- Come through Door #17 in the morning and sit quietly in the gym.
- You will exit through the door near your classroom after school.
Find the bathroom closest to your classroom.
- If you need to deposit money, you can do it tonight or you can go to the LPS website and click “Buy Student Meals”
- If you eat breakfast at school, you will wait in the cafeteria until 8:55 a.m. then go to class.
Gym – Mr. Armagost/Room 111
- Boy/Girl Scout representatives are here tonight to talk to you
- PTO Information
- Pyrtle Apparel
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Pick-up surprise from PTO!
- Drop by with health concerns or medications or inhalers for school.
Library – Ms. Jacobs, Room 101
- YMCA information available about the before and after school program. You may call 402-434-9262 to get put on the waiting list.
Music – Mrs. Dohmen /Room 112
Art – Ms. Brumm/Room 110
Outside Door #1
- Turn in paperwork and forms
- Greet your principal, Mrs. Baker
New Staff Members
Please be sure to meet and welcome staff new to Pyrtle:
- Sarah Brumm-Art
- Emily Jacobs-Library
- Julie Dohmen-Music
- TBA-Grade 5
- Cassandra Pallas-Special Education Allison Hanen-Speech
- Tami Rembolt-School Social Worker TBA-Counselor
Forms to complete and bring with you to Open House:
- Birth Certificates (for Kindergarteners and new students only)
- Any forms not returned during kindergarten registration process, such as birth certificates, physical, dental, health history, immunizations
- Request to Provide Medication During School Hours Form (Found in the Important Information Booklet, page 47)
- Request to Provide Medication During School Hours-Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen (Found in the Important Information Booklet, page 49)
- Application for Fee Waiver and Sharing Information Consent
(Found in the Important Information Booklet, page 51-52)
- Please complete front and back-this form is primarily used for musical instruments at the elementary level
Forms to be completed during Open House:
- Elementary Student Census Information
- Please complete both the front and back and be sure to sign the back. You may pick this sheet up from your child’s homeroom.